brain farts...flotsam...driftwood...and meanderings on hedonistic endevours

Friday, March 04, 2005

Lavinia

WineClub

So I joined a wine club in Madrid. 15euros for one year. 5% off all purchases, Free tastings everyweek, special offers and events. And an opprotunity to shop at one of the best wine stores on the planet. Incredible. I mean wow, Check out the site, and next time I'm there I'll try to take some pictures to post. It is so comprehensive and really well priced for the most part. It's fun to see all the spanish wines I sell here. It kind of validates for me something. Not sure how to explain it but when selling a Spanish wine in America you feel so detached from it but to actually see it's home and people selling it who know all about it makes it feel more real. Anyways, I'm hoping to go to a Cava tasting on monday, since it doesn't look like I'm going to be hearing back from any vineyards anytime soon. We'll see what happens. Last night I had a dry Oloroso Sherry I got there, I'll post a tasting note soon, but let me tell you I've never tasted anything so alive and explosive with flavor. Truley an experience that I hope to have more of! till soon, ryan

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do they have the Vina Tondonia? If you try it, I hope you're not disappointed. It was consumed at a Tapas restaurant in Barcelona, outside, on a warm evening, next to the Mediterranean. So, any decent bottle will be enhanced by the ambience. Enjoyed your description of the sherry. Salt air indeed. I think you're on to something with the Wine club. Make some acquaintances, improve the Spanish, broaden your knowledge. God, I can't wait for this diet to be over. I should stop reading your tasting notes until next weekend.

3/07/2005 12:37:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home