brain farts...flotsam...driftwood...and meanderings on hedonistic endevours

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Corked!

New Corks? Just when we thought they were going away!

I do find it interesting this debate, so far on my trip my corked wines are:
1 from the Grocery store
1 at a bar by the glass
2 bottles, one in Portugal and one in Toledo Spain at resturants
Oh and one that I'm not sure if it was TCA taint but the house wine they were serving was just plain nasty!

I've had a lot of wine here, but no matter how many bottles I have, CORKED still bugs me. I hope this new thing might work out and not cost a fortune for the wine makers to use.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have to tell someone who might care what a horrible experience I had at Giorgio's on Friday night. First, they deliberately misrepresent what days they honor happy hour. Instead of having a $3 glass of wine, the minum would be almost $6. I figured if I was going to spend $6, I'd opt for something really enjoyable and wanted a Barbera. The server told me she liked the more expensive one and that it was fruity. Actaully, it was just short of vinegar. I sent it back, even though she assured me it was a new bottle. I told her it must be corked, and she didn't seem to know what I was talkign about, but brought me a new glass. My suspicion is she didn't actually open a new bottle, becase the bottle she brought to the table had a stained cork. I was tired of arguing with her, and it did taste nominally better, so I drank it. I thik It's actaully a crappy dry wine and that maybe the bottle wasn't corked. For $8 at an Italian restuarant that has operated wine bars, I was incredibly displeased. I switched to Chianti, which she described as dry and tasted like blackberry syrup. I'm looking forward to orering a glass of wine at the Dakota tonight, to see if that can wipe the awful taste from my mouth. Blech.

3/07/2005 06:12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home