brain farts...flotsam...driftwood...and meanderings on hedonistic endevours

Sunday, August 08, 2004

sunday

Woke up and went to the farmers market in Saint Paul to see what it was like. We usually go to the one in Minneapolis, and well we found the St Paul one to be mush cleaner though the diversity of items was more limited. Got some stuff for dinner with the parents later that evening. We came home and while gab did some work I went and got extra things for the dinner. Also I forgot I reassembled my bike, but having used all the parts that I had taken off I can’t see to find where to attach a screw to keep the handle bars in place. Oh well I’ll post a picture when I get a chance. It looks pretty cool though I need to find an interesting basket to make it easier to bring home groceries. So I decided to make fajita’s (authentic with skirt steak), with a Mexican risotto and to start my parents brought down smoked whitefish and prawns and I made a mixed bean salad drizzled with a simple vinaigrette. To start we had:

“Dark and Stormy’s”
Fill a large glass with Ice
Pour in 2 ounces Black Seal Rum
Top off with ginger beer
Squeeze a lime and stir

Awesome summer drink, with dinner we had two sauvignon blanc's, a Sancerre and a New Zealand SB. The first was very closed down at first and I thought it might have had a bit of cork taint, but with about an hour of time it really opened up and became beautiful. The NZ, was great and where it in the past has showed too much grapefruit, today this presented it’s self as a backbone to support aromas of fresh cut grass (creeping Charlie) to be exact. After dinner we ended up going for a walk to Sebastian Joe’s for ice cream, always a treat. After the P’s left we stayed up and watched Amores Perros an amazing Spanish language film that intertwines 3 story lines masterfully. Check it out, though I do admit the dog fighting scenes were a bit much to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home