brain farts...flotsam...driftwood...and meanderings on hedonistic endevours

Monday, August 02, 2004

Sunday Hangover

So the big sale is over and now i'm tired. We all went over to mike's afterwards and hung out around the bonfire, burning hot dogs and marshmallows. Also a mean game of wiffle ball was had as we all tried to hit in the dark with a narrow bat, by the end I think we had switched to tennis rackets. Much beer was drank, and as always it was very good, homebrew and some bells Oberon & Two hearted....Crashed on the couch late and drove hom early to crash on my bed, followed by a few hours of sleep. Today was fun read the paper, and then went to Christo's a greek resturant, and had some killer spanakopita, and Awesome mussels. The wine was a white with a nose like a flowery muscat and very dry finish: Makedonikos, Tsantali 2002. Nice with the food. Also tried to Retsina's both quite nice, I think I'll search out a bottle to try over the course of an evening. Afterwards we went to WA Frosts for port, coffee, cheese, sorbet and some Amatillado! The port was 1997 Grahams LBV, big alcohol, with nice plum fruit, didn't really analize too closely as the evening was to perfect! A blue cheese from I believe England though don't quote me went nicely with the port. a Lemon thyme sorbet that was a bit too sweet, but the mingling of the thyme and lemon was great will try to make one myself with very little sugar, should be a nice palate cleanser. French press Sumatra was wonderful, and the Sherry was nutty salty with some dry carmel notes, could of had a few of these without any worries! At this point I need a bit 'o' sleep, tommorrow I need to order back in all the wine we sold! Busy day/week ahead...more interesting stuff once I get some rest!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gangaren said...

Hi there and nice to read your blog.

I've put it on my favorites now and will check it often.
Let me know if you find a good receipe for lemon thyme sorbet. Sounds great and I would like to try it myself.

Love you kid. Reb

8/03/2004 03:25:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home