brain farts...flotsam...driftwood...and meanderings on hedonistic endevours

Monday, August 23, 2004

So off I went in search of Kalamazoo....But first a stop at Sam's IE:Mecca. Unfortunately there is some kind of airshow downtown Chicago, so it took me a bit but I made it. $25 what restraint! Sooooooo many things I wanted and well I just can't risk the border with too much booze. Ended up with a few beers for tonight. One JW lees Clavados Cask and one La Trappe 3pk quadruple! Sweet will try to night back in the hotel room. Got to Bells ok with some driving around in circles, it was nice if not quiet, and my contact there had left for the day soo I had a burger and Two hearted, nice after a long drive. the pointed out a cheap ($45) hotel and so I headed there. Now let me tell you I don't expect much from a Knight's Inn, but what I got was ridiculous, first they couldn't get my credit card to work telling me it was declined (NOT) and then when they finally got me a key, the room was a mess with the door open! So they gave me another, this one had trash in it. So then the manager (I assume, Parash was his name) Took me to two more, both trashed. Finally I got one that was Ok! Best $45 dollars I ever spent! Hope to spend some time there too. So I head out to this liquor/grocery store called divan's down the road. Awesome, old port, verticals of obscure and unique stuff, from what I saw they had Marilyn Merlot going back 10+years. Anyways their beer selection even impressed after having just been at Sams. I got out of there with a couple of interesting beers, will post later, and was off to the Olde Pennisula brew pub. Not bad, met some cool people who helped me to find a Wi-Fi connection and tried a few good beers, Sunset Red, Opie Ipa, Mid-Night Stout, and DoppelDunkel. Not bad for brew pub fair though in all honesty I can't wait to return to my hotel room for the JW Lees. Anyways they pointed me on to a coffee shop near the campus here that is really quite nice and they have a connection. Soooo here I type. I'm having sooooo much fun. I've met a few crazy people, and almost everyone I ask for information ends up helping me out. Everyone seems to think this is a good idea, driving across country by myself, so I guess I'll take there advice and keep going. One last thought, in an attempt to slow traffic in a work zone where no cop could possibly turn around to stop you the Indiana police department, decided to place a squad car on the side of the road. Well this makes sense until you drive by and see a Blow up doll in it, with a police coat draped around it, and I do me BLOW up doll, mouth fully shaped to receive your confession of highway guilt! Sooo weird, I almost missed it and boy do I wish I had a camera. Anyways till later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home